123.hp.com/setup 5252 Assistance
Tables of Content:
HP Officejet 5252 Setup Guidance
A printer’s efficient and uninterrupted functioning depends on its proper setup and installation. The 123.hp.com/setup 5252 can be connected to your device via USB or wired/wireless network. The basic setup involves performing the hardware setup, installing the driver and connecting the printer to your device.
How to Install HP OfficeJet 5252 Driver Software?
- Open the Downloads folder and “double-click” the “.exe file” if you are a Windows user.
- Give a “double-click” on the “.dmg file” if you are a Mac user.
- “Select” the ‘I have reviewed and accepted the installation agreements and settings’ box and then click Next.
- You will now see a window stating ‘”Installing” 1 of 1: 123.hp.com/setup 5252 printer Basic Device Software.’ Wait until the green-colored bar shifts to the end of the window.
- “Select” the connection type as per your preference when prompted by the installer. Connect the printer and computer.
- If you have chosen the Wireless Connection type, the system will analyze the network environment and display a list of available networks.
- “Choose” a network to connect the printer and then “click Next”.
- Wait for the Turn On Device Sharing window to open.
- “Now” click “Yes” on the “window”. The ‘Installing network device’ dialogue box opens.
- Wait until the installation is complete. Print a test page to verify the connections.
HP OJ5252 Driver & Manual Download
HP Officejet 5252 Ink Cartridge Assistance
How to Refill Ink on HP OJ5252 Printer?
Ink refilling, although an inexpensive approach, is not recommended as it may result in quality issues or other technical failures. However, if you are left with no other option, refer to the instructions given below for refilling your ink cartridges.
- Switch on your 123.hp.com/setup 5252 printer and wait until it is idle and quiet.
- Raise the cartridge access door with the help of handles provided on either side of the printer. Wait until the carriage stops moving.
- Now lift the lid on the slot containing the cartridge to be refilled. Take the empty cartridge out from the slot and place it on a clean paper towel.
- Keep the ink refill kit ready. Make sure you have a syringe, needle, and cloth.
- Locate the refill holes on the cartridge and pierce them using a pin or any other appropriate tool.
- Open the ink bottle and fill the syringe with the ink. Insert the needle into the holes on the cartridge and inject the ink into the cartridge.
- Avoid over-spilling of the ink.
- Seal the holes using tape and blot out the excess ink using the paper towel or a clean cloth.
- Reinsert the refilled ink cartridge into its slot.
- Close the cartridge access door and align the ink cartridges.
How to Check Ink Level in HP OJ5252 Printer?
- Select the Ink drop icon on the control panel to view the estimated ink level. The steps below are for checking the ink levels using other applications.
- Download the HP smart app on your Windows 10 OS from the Windows Store.
- Add the printer to the application to view the ink level in your cartridge.
- Get the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool from the manufacturer’s website and install it on your Windows OS.
- Select the printer’s name and then click the 123.hp.com/setup 5252 Printer tab.
- Click the Supply levels option to view the ink level.
- Open the HP Solution Center window on your Windows and then click the Estimated Ink level tab to check the level of ink in your cartridges.
- If you are a Mac user, click the Apple icon and open the System Preferences window.
- Click the Printers and Scanners option and then click Options and Supplies.
- Select the Supplies tab. The ink level will be displayed.
HP OfficeJet 5252 Ink Cartridge Replacement Guidance
- Turn the 123.hp.com/setup 5252 printer on and wait until the warm-up period completes.
- Draw the input tray out and load enough plain paper into it. Adjust the paper width guides according to the size of the paper.
- Hold the handles on the side of the printer and lift the cartridge access door until it clicks to a position.
- Let the carriage move to the left of the printer. Lift the lid on the slot in which the cartridge to be replaced is present.
- Push the lid back until you hear a click. Take the cartridge out from the slot.
- Remove the plastic tapes on the new ink cartridges without touching the nozzle or contacts.
- Install the new cartridge into the empty slot and then close the lid. Pull the output tray out and lift its extender.
- Close the access door.
- Wait until the printer prints an alignment sheet. Collect the sheet from the output tray.
- Raise the lid of the scanner and then place the sheet with its print side down on the scanner glass. Close the lid and touch OK on the control panel. Once the 123.hp.com/setup 5252 finishes aligning the cartridges, tap OK again.
How to Print on HP Officejet 5252 Printer?
- Connect on end of the power cord into the printer’s rear and the other end to a nearby electrical outlet.
- Establish a network or USB connection for your printer.
- Place enough paper in the input tray and make sure the ink cartridges are correctly installed.
- Make sure the printer driver is updated.
- Check if the 123.hp.com/setup 5252 printer is set as the default printing source.
- Using a suitable application open the document you want to print and then click File on the application.
- Click the Print option and select Preferences.
- Select a suitable orientation, margin, brightness, size, etc. and set other parameters for the document as per your requirement.
- Click Preview to view the document and make final changes if required.
- Click Print and wait for the printer to print the document.
- Collect the printed document from the printer’s output tray.
- Contact our technical team for any assistance in printing your document.
How to Scan from HP Officejet 5252 Printer?
Quick Steps for Scan from HP OJ5252 Printer
- Make sure the connection between the printer and computer are proper.
- Power up the 123.hp.com/setup 5252 printer and wait until it is idle and silent.
- Make sure you the printer driver is updated and includes the HP scan software.
- Raise the lid on th scanner unit and place a document on the glass.
- Make sure the printed side of the document faces the glass.
- Locate the HP OfficeJet printer software on your computer and click the Scan a Document or Photo option on the software.
- Select the file type from the list of supported files.
- Click Scan. The printer scans your document. The scanned file automatically pops up on your computer screen.
- Click the Add pages option to add more pages or click on the save option.
- Save the file in the desired format and location.
How to Scan from HP OJ5252 Printer to a Computer
- Place a document with its print side down on the glass.
- Open HP Printer Assistant.
- Click Scan and select the Scan a document or Photo option.
- Select the Scan option in the HP Scan window.
- Click the Save as PDF option and choose Save if you have used the ADF to scan your files.
- Select the ‘+’ button and scan the next page.
- Save the file as PDF and name your file.
- Click Save.
How to Copy from HP Officejet 5252 Printer?
- Turn on the 123.hp.com/setup 5252 printer and wait until it completes its warm-up period.
- Load and push a stack of plain paper into the input tray.
- Lift-open the scanner lid and then place the original document with its print side down on the glass.
- Touch Copy on the printer’s control panel and then change the basic copy settings as per your requirement.
- Open the Settings menu to make advanced copy settings.
- Choose the paper type, tray, quality and brightness for the document.
- Select Copy. Choose the 2-sided copying option under the Settings menu if you want to copy on both sides of a page.
- Select Start on the printer’s control panel to begin the copying option.
How to Fax from HP Officejet 5252 Printer?
- Get a telephone cord and plug its one end into the phone wall jack and the other end to the 1-LINE jack on the rear of the 123.hp.com/setup 5252 printer.
- Connect the answering machine, if you have one, to the 2-EXT jack of the printer using a phone cord.
- Open Fax Setup Wizard on your Windows operating system and set your fax preferences and settings.
- Alternately, you can also use the Fax or Setup menu on the printer’s control panel to set your preferences.
- Create a fax header and enable the Answer mode if required. Select a ring type, dial type, and fax volume.
- Open the Fax menu on the control panel and choose Run Fax Test to print a report of test results and instructions for resolving issues if any.
- Place the document that you want to fax on the scanner glass.
- Dial the receiving fax number and tap Send on the control panel. The 123.hp.com/setup 5252 printer will print a fax report once the fax is sent successfully.
HP Officejet 5252 Troubleshooting Guidance
Troubleshooting is the process of performing a set of instructions for resolving 123.hp.com/setup 5252 printer issues such as offline error, paper jams, cartridge errors, driver issues, copy, and scan issue, etc. Scroll through the page to find the troubleshooting guidelines for some of the printer issues. For any assistance in resolving the problem, you can contact our technical experts.
Why is HP Officejet 5252 Printer Not Working?
The 123.hp.com/oj5252 printer may not work if there is any connectivity failure, jams, cartridge issues or other hardware issues.
- Make sure the connection between the printer and computer is proper.
- Disable the firewall system on the printer temporarily. Try to print a test page to check if the issue is resolved.
- Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor software on your computer.
- Open the software and select the HP OfficeJet 5252 printer.
- Select the Fix Printing option and follow the prompts of the application to fix the issue.
- Restart the printer and your computer if the printer doesn’t work. Try to print.
- Open the Devices and Printers folder on your computer and select the printer’s name.
- Make sure printer is set as the default printing source.
- Reinstall the 123.hp.com/setup 5252 Printer driver if the printer doesn’t print. For further assistance, call us at the toll-free number.
Why is HP Officejet 5252 not Printing Black Ink?
The HP OfficeJet 5252 printer may not print in black if incompatible cartridges or print media are loaded into the printer. The steps below will help you resolve the issue.
- Tap the Ink icon on the control panel to view the estimated ink level. Replace the black ink cartridge if it is empty.
- Check the Raise the access door and wait for the carriage to move to the left of the 123.hp.com/setup 5252 printer.
- Now remove the Black ink cartridge and examine it. Replace the cartridge if it is damaged not genuine.
- Clean the ink cartridges and re-insert them.
- Insert the cartridges properly and run a proper alignment. Check if the printer can detect the black ink cartridge.
- If the printer fails to print in black, check the print settings on your computer. Open the software from which you are trying to print.
- Click the File menu and select Print. Open the Properties window and then click Preferences.
- Make sure the grayscale option is selected. Click OK to confirm.
Why is HP Officejet 5252 Printer Scanner not Working?
The scanner may not function due to hardware or power issues caused by scanner bar jam, an electrical problem or low bulb temperature.
- Power reset the 123.hp.com/setup 5252 printer and check if you can scan.
- Make sure the power source is functioning. If the issue persists, continue with the next step.
- Install the HP Print and Scan Doctor software on your Windows OS. Launch it and click Fix Scanning after adding the printer.
- If the problem remains unresolved, check the scanner bar functionality. Lift the scanner lid and remove any document on the glass.
- Now select Copy on the control panel.
- If the scanner light does not move, there is a jam in the mechanism. Service the printer in such case.
- Try Removing and reinstalling the printer driver.
How to Fix HP Officejet 5252 ERROR CODE 0XD8077900?
The printer stops responding when the error code OX8077900 is displayed on the control panel. Perform the steps given below in sequence to clear the error.
- Switch on the 123.hp.com/setup 5252 printer and once it becomes idle, remove the power cord sharply from the printer’s rear without turning the printer off.
- Plug out the cord from the wall outlet as well.
- Wait for about a minute and then reconnect it to the wall outlet and printer.
- Allow the printer to power up automatically. If it fails to do so, turn it on manually.
- Tap the Setup icon on the control panel.
- Select Network Setup and then tap the Advanced Settings option.
- Now turn off iPV6 and select Yes.